Written by The Minister Of Information JR    Friday, 09 July 2010 01:01    PDF Print E-mail
With Friends Like Councilwoman Brooks, Who Needs Enemies?

When I sat down to write this article I was going through youtube footage dealing with Oscar Grant, when I stumbled on an interview that hip hop journalist Davey D did with Oakland City Councilwoman Desley Brooks, on the one year anniversary of the police murder of Oscar Grant, at the Fruitvale BART station. What is peculiar about this interview is that she talks shit about what BART should have done, and she toots her on horn, in the midst of criticizing the “verbal support” of the other City Council people as though what she is doing/not doing is that much different from their non-action. As I watched the interview, I noticed that she did not talk about any forward motion in the case. She did not put out there that she thinks Mehserle, the trigger –pulling officer should be convicted of murder, she did not put out there that Domenici and Pirone should be indicted for murder, she did not name the responsible parties involved in the coverup. How in the hell is she being seen as progressive and not a city approved side-show distraction?

Word on the street is that Councilwoman Brooks is trying to hijack the day of the verdict rally that is set to take place at 5pm on 14th and Broadway on the day of the verdict. In fact, all her recent moves in the case point to an Oscar Grant campaign hijacking. It is said that she was recently in court in Los Angeles, and I didn’t see her. She must have came when all of the fireworks were over with. Where was she for Dominici’s or Pirone’s perjured testimonies? Where was she when Jack Bryson Jr explained Oscar Grant’s last few seconds alive? Where was she when Mehserle got caught lying about trying to tase Oscar Grant when he really intended to shoot him? What was Councilwoman Brooks true motivation for coming to L.A.?

I don’t understand how Brooks could be cool with the Jews and the Nazi’s. City Councilwoman Brooks along with Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums, on March 21st 2009, were two of the first government officials to show up at the police station to console police officers after they killed Lovelle Mixon, and he allegedly killed 4 of them. Where was she on the day that Oscar Grant got killed?

Where does she stand? When are we, as residents of Oakland, going to challenge this government hijacker and people like her? Johannes Mehserle is a big part of this story, but he is not the only character that needs to be targeted. We should judge a tree by the fruit it produces, and not by anything else. Hanging out at concerts, in Los Angeles, with members of Oscar Grant’s family does not equate to Brooks pushing for justice, in this case, or to her being a true ally of this movement. If Brooks wants to be seen in the community as somebody representing us, rather than a political “kissing the babies” opportunist than I think she should push the bar, and call for more indictments, instead of trying to throw rallies. A call for more indictments would better serve what it is we are trying to do, and we know that if she doesn’t have the political power to secure an indictment, she could at least ask for it in the media, or tell the media that that is what we are in need of. If she refuses to do that, we should look at her funny, when she slithers back around on during re-election time. We, the residents of Oakland, need to play hard-ball with her and all other government and non-profit personnel that are faking the funk. And to all the journalists like Davey D, we need to start hitting these officials with these kinds of hard questions. If we don’t, who else is going to do it?

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Reddit! Del.icio.us! JoomlaVote! Google! Live! Facebook! StumbleUpon! Yahoo! Free social bookmarking plugins and extensions for Joomla! websites!

Your are currently browsing this site with Internet Explorer 6 (IE6).

Your current web browser must be updated to version 7 of Internet Explorer (IE7) to take advantage of all of template's capabilities.

Why should I upgrade to Internet Explorer 7? Microsoft has redesigned Internet Explorer from the ground up, with better security, new capabilities, and a whole new interface. Many changes resulted from the feedback of millions of users who tested prerelease versions of the new browser. The most compelling reason to upgrade is the improved security. The Internet of today is not the Internet of five years ago. There are dangers that simply didn't exist back in 2001, when Internet Explorer 6 was released to the world. Internet Explorer 7 makes surfing the web fundamentally safer by offering greater protection against viruses, spyware, and other online risks.

Get free downloads for Internet Explorer 7, including recommended updates as they become available. To download Internet Explorer 7 in the language of your choice, please visit the Internet Explorer 7 worldwide page.